Monday 30 March 2015

Fiat "Flair"

It is quite interesting that on many personal cars in India (I’d say in Bangalore, at least half?), people display their names on the back windows. I took a picture this evening of a Fiat, as an example, owned by "Naman" and "Patil".

The other quick pic included in this blog, below, is “My name at Starbucks in India”. As service people hear your pronunciations, it does make you work on adjusting how you are actually speaking.  (Though, I can say I was here with colleagues once before, and we all had a good laugh at the way our names were written on our cups.) If I worked at Starbucks and had to write in my 2nd language, I am sure it would be far worse. By the way, the drinks at Starbucks in Bangalore taste EXACTLY the same as the drinks in Starbucks Raleigh, NC USA, Frankfurt Germany, London, England, etc. That, to me, speaks volumes about this chain: The ability to produce an exact taste, with literally 0 variation, no matter which location, which continent.

I still think the verdict is out with Indians on Starbucks, as it is new here, but we will give them time!

No comments:

Post a Comment