Saturday 4 April 2015

Park Plaza Hotel, Bengaluru (Bangalore, India)

While living in Bangalore (Bengaluru) India, I stayed at the Park Plaza Hotel for 10 months. My organization contracted with a re-location agency, which generously provided 8 different options for living, and in the end, I was most impressed with the Park Plaza Hotel. At the end of the 10 months, the people at this hotel felt like family to me. As I moved to India from the US last June 2014, I was most worried about “Where would I live?”. I wondered, “Would it be loud?”, “Would it be clean?” etc. I always thought to myself on the day that I left….. “I will be in India for a year, and yet I am already looking forward to returning.” I never for one second imagined that I would sleep on a bed that comfortable, and that I would actually not be ready to leave when it was time to go! However, while living at the Park Plaza, I met so many interesting and talented individuals. It represented the best living experience I have ever had, and I most definitely was NOT ready to leave. 

The Park Plaza Hotel is located 1 km from Prestige Park Tech Park, and provides rides to work and “a home” when you are done with work. Expansive, fancy (truly lives up to 5-star rating), as well as staffed with amazing, INTERESTING individuals. I formed so many lasting relationships with the incredible staff in this hotel; you truly cannot compare the hospitality to any other country. There was always a manager asking, “If you need any special food, please let us know.”, or “How is your stay going?”, and these did not represent simple, casual questions in the hallway. They truly provided their full attention, and you could tell they were ready to take actions if needed, and truly cared about your response. I personally manage recruitment and talent in a management position in my own career, and have experienced first-hand at this hotel, the type of staff that they hire, and they are doing a top-notch job. Just an excellent experience!

If your organization has staff working in Prestige Tech Park, who need a short-term or long-term lease (mine was 9-12 months with a good rate), there is literally no other place to stay than at the Park Plaza Hotel. The hotel includes 4 restaurants, with local Indian, Chinese and continental food. They tailor the buffet in the main restaurant daily to include items such as Spatzle, as just one of many various examples. There are outside areas, a gorgeous pool, a gym with state of art equipment, and a spa. 

I personally enjoy interior decoration, and have shopped on many occasions at Furnitureland South, in High Point/Jamestown, NC (as I sold a large house full of carefully decorated rooms when I moved to India). The furniture in the Park Plaza Hotel compares to the high quality furniture you can find at FLS, in High Point, NC, the largest single location of retail furniture in the world. Famous people and decorators visit FLS from all over the world. Therefore, I truly enjoyed and appreciated the talent that was utilized to decorate this hotel. I took a lot of quick snapshots, just a few of which are attached here.

Apart from the above mentioned, I can honestly say that I never had one bad experience at this hotel, and have never been given such personalized attention, with good intention behind it. They organized a send-off party for me which was phenomenal and unforgettable, with cake, flowers, a nice gift and everyone coming by to say good-bye. I cannot express the sadness I felt after leaving this awesome “hotel family”. I know I will visit these people here again, and remain in touch. There is no hotel in Bangalore like the Park Plaza, and I encourage you to check them out, whether on vacation, or for a staff lease. 

I will be writing a few more blogs with regards to my awesome India experience, so please stay tuned for the conclusion...

No comments:

Post a Comment