Thursday 26 March 2015

Church Services in Guntur

 
While visiting Guntur this past weekend, I was invited to participate in several church services, by speaking for a few minutes. My friend Robert’s family manages 4 churches, and they travel from one service to the next all day each Sunday, and then work throughout the week to continue their ministry. It is quite amazing, all of the work and preparation that goes into this! The number of people that showed up for these services stretched outside of the churches on a very hot day, where people were sitting outside just to hear what would be said. My friend, Robert, is in the purple above, and prior to the weekend, I had never heard him speak publicly. I cannot tell you how beyond amazed I was. Such an engaging speaker, with a commanding presence, and words come so easily to him. His father and mother run these ministries full-time, and both preach in the same amazing fashion. I was so honored to be invited to join this family for these services.

You will see that these church members were so welcoming to me, and presented me with garlands, flowers, rose petals, along with kind words (in Telugu! ha) and smiles. The children, many are orphans, you will see, arrive in beautiful, colorful clothes. The entire church was so nicely decorated, and the service was uplifting with a message, music and English translation that day especially for me.

I was so touched and impressed by the events of the day and the kindness of these people. It is one of the most special days I will remember about India during my time spent here.

Below is a picture of Robert about to hop on Spicejet. I am so blessed to have met so many nice friends while in India which has led to experiences of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment