Thursday 12 March 2015

The Bhaji: "Deep Fried Onion Balls", Ad for Largest Pizza Ever, and the Health Camp Volunteers

I took a quick picture this week of a most interesting billboard sign in Bangalore posted above, and of course am a bit confused. I suppose my main question is “Do the locals know what this means?”

Is it a pizza? 

Is it a cake? 

Why the need for the SUPER size?.... and finally…..Do they deliver??

The 2nd picture includes the “deep fried onion balls” which I believe are called "Bhajis" that were one part of our lunch served at the Health Camp. As my favorite food is onions, and of course anything fried is divine, these were just AMAZING. I have googled a recipe and they seem pretty easy to make. As a comparison.....They seem kind of like the US mix of a Hush Puppie crossed with an Onion Ring.

Below is an additional picture of some volunteers that were not included in previous pictures from our Health Camp. We were able to pull off the road on our way back to Bangalore, and take some awesome shots of a sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment