Tuesday 17 February 2015

Prestige Business Tech Park: The Dow and the Cow


It is rare that on my way to work, I get to sit in the front seat, and today was one of those days, as there was a full car of passengers (1st Quarter in Bangalore equals lots of business guests). I love this, as I can see more of my surroundings from the front seat, and so today, just grabbed my phone and took some quick snapshots. The pictures show my “every day drive” into Prestige Park, largely a tech Park, yet with so many different organizations with a presence in Bangalore…..Oracle, Sandisk, CSR, LinkedIn, Vodafone, Quintiles, Amadeus and of course J P MORGAN (if there are J P Morgan guys in the car, they always get dropped off first. “Prestige” indeed, haha!). The list of companies goes on and on….

The first shot is the road that leads into the Park. The rest (above) are inside the park, and shots below include the cows, mentioned later.

In the middle of this tech park, there is a neat hotel (24 hour Tech Business Hotel) for business people who arrive and want to be able to be immediately connected and ultra-close to their jobs. There is an AMAZING gym inside of this hotel called Zela, which is state of the art (check it out on-line if you ever visit Bangalore, need a short stay and wish for a great gym).

As you drive into this business park, there are a lot of security guards (of whom I was hesitant to take pictures). Every day as I drive in, I need to show them my badge from the car, just to get into the park (prior to, of course the building). It is an ultra-protected business zone. I would say there are 30-50 security guards outside this park at any given time. They have signs (Stop, Go for traffic control) and they are serious about their jobs! (Think: Running up to your car if you seem to be out of compliance.)

Today, as I walked into my building, which is on the perimeter of the park, I noticed immediately 2 cows that were closer to the bldg than normal, so I walked out the back door to take some shots of them. As native Indians walked in and waited for the elevators, I walked out the back door to take pictures of the black and white spotted cow. I am always in awe. I don’t think I will ever get tired of seeing such a phenomenon, and it is certainly one of the things I will miss the most about Bangalore.

No comments:

Post a Comment